Yoga Workshops & Courses
"We confuse spiritual life with religious life, which is altogether different. Spiritual life is one eye, religious life is the other eye. These two eyes do not see each other, but together they can see the world. Spirituality means connecting with what is auspicious, appropriate and good in life, by connecting with one’s own inner source of strength. A spiritual discipline indicates a way to improve the human personality." - Swami Niranjanananda
Various day and weekend workshops are held throughout the year and usually include asana, pranayama, meditation, mantra, karma yoga and yoga philosophy. They are held in a relaxed atmosphere and shared lunches are a key part of any day. Student numbers are restricted so that individual attention and support may be given.
Yoga Workshops on Saturday 24th and 31st January 2015
How both teachers and students can find time in their busy and hectic lives for a daily personal Sadhana
This is open to both Teachers and Students alike and counts as a CPD Day for FRYOG students. The topics that will be covered are:
- Asana – various individual asana practices and sequences, which can take as long or as little time as you have available.
- Pranayama – a way for both students and teachers to look at pranayama and various sequences to heighten your practice. Pranayama is the bridge that links asnana and meditation.
- Meditation – so often left out of a daily sadhana due to time restrictions. Various different types of meditation will be covered and show you that you DO have time!
- Spiritual Diaries – help / hinderances pros / cons
- Other related topics that may come up in discussion.
One day workshop running on both 24th and 31st January, 10am to 5pm at The Yoga Room, cost £45.00. Booking essential, there are places for 10 only. To reserve a place contact Swami Satvikananda. Once you have been accepted on the day send a cheque made out to Swami Satvikananda for the full amount.
Yoga Days & Courses later in 2015
A day of the cleansing practice Shankhaprakshalana in the Spring probably Saturday 21st March 2015 open to all students.
A six month yoga Nidra Course probably starting in July or September 2015. Yoga Nidra is a Satyananda Yoga practice and this course will enable teachers from other schools of yoga to teach this practice. Qualified yoga teachers only can apply. Contact Swami Satvikananda if you are interested in any of these courses.